Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Here fishy fishy... Miller Studio Chalkware


Most people have a collection of items that they hold near and dear to their hearts and could not imagine parting with. Whether these items are displayed proudly on shelves in the living room, scattered all around the house or filling boxes in the garage, every type of collector can agree, it is an amazing thrill to add a new addition.


Today I got to add to my Miller Studio chalkware collection. A pink seahorse, fish, and a collection of shells will be added later tonight to my growing number of fishes, mermaids, and seahorses.


Miller Studio started in New Philadelphia, Ohio as a small husband and wife operation that created hand-painted wall plaques in 1934. By 1952, Miller Studios was the largest distributor of wall decor and was distributed worldwide with over 100 designs.


My favorite fish.


Love my kissing fish. These are very hard to find as a pair and I was very lucky to find them.


My one and only mermaid. I would love to be able to find more of these and add to my collection.


What do you collect?


No comments:

Post a Comment